Characterised by simplicity and functionality, Nordic style is all about sticking to the basics.
The nordic style is characterised by white palettes, light timbers and natural fabrics. It’s designed to look as functional as it is understated and works well in open plan spaces where natural light is celebrated and pops of colour are used sparingly yet purposefully to create interest.
- Stick to a natural materials palette such as wood, leather, hemp and linen.
- Walls should be neutral with white or cool grey base colours.
- Wood can feature on multiple surfaces – wall cladding, flooring, cabinetry and furniture.
- Keep timber floors light to blonde to unify your spaces and reflect light.
- ‘Less is more’, clean lines in both architecture and furniture are integral to achieving this style.
- Scale back on furnishings, instead adding texture with rugs and pillows. Make use of feature artwork in pastel or monochrome colours.
- Pendant lighting and occasional lamps are also signatures of the Nordic style.
- Don’t be scared to use pops of colour, layer pastel or geometric bowls and plates.
Get in touch with us
Whether you’re ready to build your dream home, already building or just have a few questions, we're here to help.