Smooth lines and restrained colour palettes set the tone for a perfectly balanced contemporary look in your home.
Clean lines and simple colour palettes let the structural design become the feature of your home when it comes to contemporary interior design. Stay inspired as architectural design and artwork mix with modern finishes such as timber, black accents and natural colour materials.
- Medium timber tones create the core palette of the Contemporary style.
- Flooring works best in a large format natural/honed concrete inspired tile. This limits join lines and creates a sense of space.
- Warm white walls will co-ordinate with grey and are more inviting than a bold white.
- Furniture should be of a similar tone to your cabinetry to minimise contrast.
- Limit window treatments so that the outside can be brought in and black windows frame the outdoor scene.
- Simple pendant lighting is well suited to the Contemporary style.
- Timber slabs used as a dining table or smaller pieces such as unique chopping boards will add impact.
Get in touch with us
Whether you’re ready to build your dream home, already building or just have a few questions, we're here to help.