Construction COVID Safe Plan
Construction COVID Safe Plan
You are reading this document because you have scanned the QR code.
Please note that this plan applies to the site at which it has been scanned.
Simonds Homes has in place a Covid Safe Plan to cover its operations. This High Risk Covid Safe Plan is part of the Simonds Covid safe strategies and directly relates to the work that is undertaken on a Simonds Construction and or Maintenance/Warranty site where the plan is being read.
A copy of the full Covid Safe plan that covers Simonds Homes operations can be found here.
For any queries relating to these plans, please contact Laurel Johnson on 0414 524 520 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Worksafe can find this same plan in the Business Victoria template here.
Covid information in other languages: please click here.
Site Attendance Register
Please make sure you scan the QR Code and sign-in on every site you work. This is a government requirement for Covid contact tracing.
You can also follow this link to the Site Attendance Register:
The purpose of this page is to outline the practical actions that are in place to keep our employees, trades, contractors and customers safe by implementing a range of hygiene and physical distancing measures on all Simonds sites.
In general terms, Simonds have committed to the following actions to prevent the spread of Covid on our construction sites:
- Simonds will display COVID education information on our sites that include social distancing, hand washing, and the correct fit and treatment of face masks and gloves.
- Simonds will limit the number of people working on this site to 5 workers at any one time. This is the density quota. The Simonds Supervisor or WHS team member is not included as part of the 5.
- We encourage trades and contractors not to car pool and to restrict the number of people in a vehicle to as few as possible when undertaking travel that is necessary to undertake the essential work.
- We require anyone with cold or flu symptoms to stay home and get tested for COVID. They must stay at home until they receive the results.
- Simonds have detailed infection control processes that outline what we will do if anyone has entered any of our site when they were infectious.
Anyone attending a Simonds site found not following the High Risk Covid Safe Plan outlined here will be asked to leave site immediately. If you see anyone on site not abiding by the High Risk Covid Safe Plan, please notify your Simonds Supervisors immediately.
Prevention measures that Simonds has in place:
If you're working inside the home, please open windows and/or doors to allow for fresh air flow.
Workers on site should use their own tools and not share tools with other members of your work group.
Residential construction sites can return to having mixed trades on site with no restriction on the number of people in site or on how many sites you can visit in a week. You must maintain social distancing and ensure you are wearing masks and other PPE as required.
What to do if you are sick:
Covid symptoms may include sore throat, dry cough, fever and flu like symptoms. If you have any of these symptoms you must stay home and get tested.
If you suspect you have Covid or you think you may have been in contact with someone with Covid, you must stay home. You must notify your Simonds supervisor to enable Simonds to start the infection control process.
Infection control and contact tracing
In the event of a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 associated with a Simonds site, the following action will occur:
- Simonds will treat a suspected case as positive to enable us to act promptly to limit any further spread.
- Simonds maintains contract tracing records by having all workers sign in to a QR code on arrival. This provides the date/time they arrived, name, phone number, the site number, their employer, responses to questions about working on other sites and if they currently have flu like symptoms or not.
- Any work sites that the person(s) has attended would cease operations and a Covid clean would be undertaken.
- Simonds would commence contact tracing in preparation of the information required by DHHS
Simonds has engaged a suitable cleaning company to undertake a deep infection control clean in preparation.
PPE and Infection Control Training
As soon as reasonably practicable, infection control training will be offered through Builders Academy Australia to all staff and subcontractors throughout Simonds Homes.
Employers have specific duties to their employees, independent contractors and others at the workplace.
There are temporary Occupational Health and Safety (COVID-19 Incident Notification) Regulations 2020 (OHS COVID-19 Regulations) which commenced on Tuesday 28 July 2020.
The OHS COVID-19 Regulations will extend the operation of Part 5 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (OHS Act) to require duty holders to notify WorkSafe if:
- an employer becomes aware that an employee or independent contractor engaged by the employer, and any employees of the independent contractor, has received a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, and has attended the workplace within the infectious period (being 14 days prior to receiving the confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and until clearance from isolation has been received); or
- a self-employed person has received a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and has attended the workplace within the infectious period (being 14 days prior to receiving the confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and until clearance from isolation has been received).
A penalty will apply for failing to notify WorkSafe under section 38 of the OHS Act – up to $39,652 (240 penalty units) for an individual or $198,264 (1200 penalty units) for a body corporate.
The OHS COVID-19 Regulations are temporary in nature and will expire 12 months after their making. WorkSafe will review the OHS COVID-19 Regulations during the 12-month period of operation.
Police & Worksafe Victoria
Police & Worksafe Victoria will continue to observe job sites moving forward and issue fines for those who do not obey the above. If you see any Simonds trades that are not complying with these expectations, please let the Site Supervisor know ASAP.