COVID Safe Plan
COVID Safe Plan
You are reading this document because you have used the QR code on our site signs or safety alerts.
Simonds has in place a Covid Safe Plan to cover its operations. This page is an extract of our Covid Safe Plan that directly relates to work that is undertaken on a Simonds Construction site. For details and a copy of the full plan to cover Simonds Homes operations, please contact Laurel Johnson on 0414 524 520 or email at email@example.com
Site Attendance Register
Please make sure you scan the QR Code and sign-in on every site you work. This is a government requirement for Covid contact tracing.
You can also follow this link to the Site Attendance Register:
The purpose of this page is to outline the practical actions that are in place to keep our employees, trades, contractors and customers safe by implementing a range of hygiene and physical distancing measures on all Simonds sites.
In general terms, Simonds have committed to the following actions to prevent the spread of Covid on our construction sites:
- Simonds will display COVID education information on our sites that include social distancing, hand washing, and the correct fit and treatment of face masks and gloves.
- Simonds will limit the number of people on a site to 5 at any one time
- We encourage trades and contractors to restrict the number of people in a vehicle to as few as possible when undertaking travel that is necessary to undertake the essential work.
- We require anyone with symptoms of COVID to stay home and get tested. They must stay at home until they receive the results.
- Simonds have detailed infection control processes that outline what we will do if anyone has entered any of our site when they were infectious.
Anyone attending a Simonds site found not following the Covid Safe Plan outlined here will be asked to leave site immediately. If you see anyone on site not abiding by the Covid Safe Plan, please notify your Simonds Supervisors immediately.
Prevention measures that Simonds has in place:
If you're working inside the home, please open windows and/or doors to allow for fresh air flow.
Workers on site should use their own tools and not share tools with other members of your work group.
There is to be a maximum of 5 persons working on site at any time.
What to do if you are sick:
Covid symptoms may include Sore throat, dry cough, fever and flu like symptoms. If you have any of these symptoms you must stay home and get tested.
If you suspect you have Covid, or, you think you may have been in contact with someone with Covid, you must stay home. You must notify your Simonds supervisor to enable Simonds to start the infection control process.
Infection control and contact tracing
In the event of a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 associated with a Simonds site, the following action will occur:
- Simonds will treat a suspected case as positive to enable us to act promptly to limit any further spread.
- The Simonds build program, Simbuild, will identify all jobs a Contractor has worked on in the period before they became unwell or had cause to be tested. The type of trade they are and task they are doing will identify if they have worked inside or outside. This will help support the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) with contact tracing if needed.
- Any work sites that the person(s) has attended would cease operations and a Covid clean would be undertaken.
- Simonds would commence contact tracing in preparation of the information required by DHHS
Simonds has engaged a suitable cleaning company to undertake a deep infection control clean in preparation.
Employers have specific duties to their employees, independent contractors and others at the workplace.
There are temporary Occupational Health and Safety (COVID-19 Incident Notification) Regulations 2020 (OHS COVID-19 Regulations) which commenced on Tuesday 28 July 2020.
The OHS COVID-19 Regulations will extend the operation of Part 5 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (OHS Act) to require duty holders to notify WorkSafe if:
- an employer becomes aware that an employee or independent contractor engaged by the employer, and any employees of the independent contractor, has received a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, and has attended the workplace within the infectious period (being 14 days prior to receiving the confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and until clearance from isolation has been received); or
- a self-employed person has received a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and has attended the workplace within the infectious period (being 14 days prior to receiving the confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 and until clearance from isolation has been received).
A penalty will apply for failing to notify WorkSafe under section 38 of the OHS Act – up to $39,652 (240 penalty units) for an individual or $198,264 (1200 penalty units) for a body corporate.
The OHS COVID-19 Regulations are temporary in nature and will expire 12 months after their making. WorkSafe will review the OHS COVID-19 Regulations during the 12-month period of operation.
Police & Worksafe Victoria
Police & Worksafe Victoria will continue to observe job sites moving forward and issue fines for those who do not obey the above. If you see any Simonds trades that are not complying with these expectations, please let the Site Supervisor know ASAP.